Welcome to our website.
We hope that it has made you as enthusiastic about our technology as we are. This page has been written in a form that it can be easily updated, so please look it at regular intervals to see what is happening.
Following some recent patent filings our patent page might also be worth a visit.
- We have licensed our technology to a multi-national cosmetic ingredients company for use in the decorative cosmetics market. A variety of cosmetic formulations have been manufactured and cosmetic products incorporating our technology were placed on the market late 2012.
- A Natural Solution to Photoprotection and Isolation of the Potent Polyene Antibiotic, Marinomycin A – protection against UV radiation and oxidation. https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlepdf/2019/sc/c9sc01375j Received 21st March 2019 Accepted 20th May 2019 DOI: 10.1039/c9sc01375j
Data in our publications (includes data from human studies Sporomex has carried out) shows the ability of our microcapsule technology to orally deliver dietetic and pharmaceutical compounds:
- Enhanced Bioavailability of Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) from Fish Oil After Encapsulation Within Plant Spore Exines as Microcapsules. Lipids, 2010, 45(7): 645-649. DOI: 10.1007/s11745-010-3427-y
- Lycopodium clavatum Exine Microcapsules Enable Safe Oral Delivery of 3,4-Diaminopyridine for Treatment of Botulinum Neurotoxin A Intoxication, Tyler L Harris, Cody J Wenthur, Alberto Diego-Taboada, Grahame Mackenzie, Terry S Corbitt, Kim D Janda, Chemical Communications, Thursday February 18th 2016 DOI:10.1039/C6CC00615A
- Spore exines increase vitamin D clinical bioavailability by mucoadhesion and bile triggered release. Journal of controlled release, 2022, 350, 244-255. DOI: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2022.08.017